Followers

Sunday, June 20, 2021

A day of rain and wind

 Not too bad for an ugly day.  I woke at 4:00 am and it looked dry outside but then again it changed.  At 6 the rains came.  I moved the bike under the awning and checked the tires.  I added a couple of pounds of air to each and packed to ride in the rain for much of the day.  I was only planning to put in 250 miles since I am running ahead of schedule.  It was 67 degrees and would warm up into the 70’s but the rain stayed with me.  It was a relaxing day since I enjoy riding in the rain.  I actually felt great as was planning to go on to 300 miles but as I rounded a turn in Mankato, MN a shelf cloud with high winds was approaching.  The weather station had warned of severe storms in the afternoon so as I looked around there appeared a Comfort Inn that just opened.  Like an omen so there you have it, it is now laundry day!  I also managed to get in a Jacuzzi and swim.


 And the winds kept coming so I am glad to be out of it.  I have to admit it that the cross-winds have inflicted pain on my rib cage  but Advil seems to be helping.



Tomorrow it will be colder in the low 50’s with a high in the mid-60’s, perfect weather for a long day.  I am back on the 2 lane roads and so far just a bunch of wind turbines.  Don’t know what the winds will bring.  I am expecting around 18 mph.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

A difficult year in many ways!

Let's see, it all started with an unusually cold and persistent winter.  No, there was no Indian Summer as we tend to have in January.  ...