Followers

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Trip aborted!


So I thought I would take a ride today and catch 2 more State Parks,  I checked the tire pressure and headed to the gas station.  This would be an easy 1/2 tank trip, about 180 miles.  It was not to be!  The gas cap was stuck again.  So I was a mile from home so I decided to go home and take it apart and see what the problem was then fix it.  It was pretty clear once the cap was disassembled.  There was a sticky white goop on the latching mechanism (that's the silvery metal piece at the top of the fill hole).  I cleaned it with WD40 and dried it off.  I used a light mist of penetrating oil and again removed the excess.  It seemed to work smoothly now so I was off to the gas station again.  The cap gave a clear click when actuated at the pump and opened.  It was noon now.

I had lunch then decided to gas up the Suzuki DR650 so when I go it’s just a matter of which bike to pick.  It was in the high 80’s now so I will wait for another cooler day.  Hopefully the problem has been fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

A difficult year in many ways!

Let's see, it all started with an unusually cold and persistent winter.  No, there was no Indian Summer as we tend to have in January.  ...