Followers

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

New Wheels! for long distances.

Well, my wife has been lobbying for a more comfortable back seat so she can go on more trips.  For 3 years she has suggested that a Goldwing would be the right bike.  So I refer to the Wing as her bike and I am just the chauffeur!



It's a 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour.  I opted to find a standard transmission after fully considering the DCT or automatic transmission.  The standard gives the rider more control of the bike at low speeds and I have always had standard transmissions in my bikes so I am very comfortable with it.  This is still a heavy bike at close to 800 lbs so better control is important to me.  I have added a back rest for the driver(chauffeur} and a large cup holder for the passenger.  Now I have company for my lunch rides to Calabash!  The bike has 19,000 miles on it and these bikes easily travel 200,000 miles trouble free.  

For my camping trips I will continue to ride the BMW R1200gsa and the Suzuki DR650,  Things are a bit tight in the garage these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Trip to Columbia, MO to visit old friends

It was time for a road trip to see 2 of my oldest friends. 53 years ago Tom and I were going through AIT at Fort Leonard Wood, MO and after...