Followers

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

December 2016 - the new beginning

Well, I was in for my medical check-up just before Christmas and my Dr, that also rides motorcycles, and I were talking about the new bikes and I said "you have to be stupid to buy a new bike with all the lightly used bikes on the market!"  He agreed whole heartedly.  Then roll forward 2 weeks and I am at the BMW motorcycle dealer because I was in the neighborhood and boom....there it was the bike of my dreams!  
Yep, that is it in my garage two day later!  But I have to blame my wife because she loved it and encouraged me to go ahead and buy it!  

So I came into the new year with new wheels and kept my G650 and my R1200GSA with the thinking that if I do Alaska in 2017 then I would sell the GSA after and would be perfectly happy with the G & RT!  Seems logical.  So the plan now is to do my Alaska trip before I get too old to do it.  That doesn't mean that I am not too old, currently, to make this trip.  It's just that I haven't accepted the facts yet!  So on to the new year with a smile on my face and a crowded garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Had to make revisions to the ferry route!

 A riding buddy, Dennis Porterfield, pointed out that there are 3 chain/cable ferries usually approached via gravel roads.  They are hard to...