Followers

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

December 2016 - the new beginning

Well, I was in for my medical check-up just before Christmas and my Dr, that also rides motorcycles, and I were talking about the new bikes and I said "you have to be stupid to buy a new bike with all the lightly used bikes on the market!"  He agreed whole heartedly.  Then roll forward 2 weeks and I am at the BMW motorcycle dealer because I was in the neighborhood and boom....there it was the bike of my dreams!  
Yep, that is it in my garage two day later!  But I have to blame my wife because she loved it and encouraged me to go ahead and buy it!  

So I came into the new year with new wheels and kept my G650 and my R1200GSA with the thinking that if I do Alaska in 2017 then I would sell the GSA after and would be perfectly happy with the G & RT!  Seems logical.  So the plan now is to do my Alaska trip before I get too old to do it.  That doesn't mean that I am not too old, currently, to make this trip.  It's just that I haven't accepted the facts yet!  So on to the new year with a smile on my face and a crowded garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

A difficult year in many ways!

Let's see, it all started with an unusually cold and persistent winter.  No, there was no Indian Summer as we tend to have in January.  ...