Followers

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

July 3, 2018 another long day

I left Ferdinand, Indiana at 7 sharp.  This would be a long day getting to Bristol, TN.  Good news, my GPS has quit saying “EXTREME HEAT WARNING”.  It was now just saying “Heat Warning”.  A much better situation.  I had many flashbacks of Robin when I passed through Frankfort, KY where He lived for 25 years at the Stewart Home School.  That was a wonderful place for him.  I rounded Lexington and connected with I-75 heading south.  As I approached TN I got on 25E and passed through the Cumberland Gap.  It was a beautiful road, winding through the mountains.  It was a bit cooler on this road and I connected with Rt. 421.  I had a 20 mile stretch of twisties that reminded me of the Back of the Dragon.  This road has been named by VA as the “Crooked Road” it links many varied music venues together.
I was considering pushing on and maybe trying to get home but 50 miles past Bristol I knew that I was crashing.  I guess 500 miles in this heat was enough!  And there was my savior again...Comfort Inn.  I am in and tonight is the last night of unpacking and repacking in the morning.
Tomorrow will be the last installment on this trip.  It will be an early 3 hour ride home.  I hope people have enjoyed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Had to make revisions to the ferry route!

 A riding buddy, Dennis Porterfield, pointed out that there are 3 chain/cable ferries usually approached via gravel roads.  They are hard to...