Followers

Monday, April 19, 2021

2021 Camping season begins April 16th

 The new camping me!  Out with sleeping on the ground, in with swinging in a hammock!  The riding weather was great but nighttime weather was chilly.  Still Ray and I ventured out to Willville Motorcycle Camp Ground in Meadows of Dan, VA.  It was opening weekend and there were about 50 campers even with the night time temps down to 45.

We both just purchased hammocks since we are getting too old to sleep on the ground.  So, this was a test. I know this is going to work well for me as long as I can find two trees 14-20' apart.  The hammock is very comfortable and when you sleep diagonally, you are pretty much flat.

The setup was about 10 minutes and very easy.  The repacking on the last day was also very easy.  Our first time out made us aware of some minor adjustments that will make it go more smoothly on our next trip.  The year is young, but not me, so get out and enjoy it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

Day 2 of the NC Ferry trip

We knew that we needed to at least catch the 4:30 ferry to Ocracoke, the last one of the day.  They only have 3 ferries from Cedar Island an...