Followers

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

NC State Parks - Kerr Lake State Recreation Area

Kerr Lake State Recreation Area



I don't want to short change Kerr Lake because it is one of those giant parks wrapped around a significant lake with all the amenities you could ask for.  It is a major boating lake and my wife (Pattie) spent many days here in her youth racing catamarans.  The lake is sprawling across NC and Virginia.  Major camping areas with over 500 campsites spread over 6 areas and that's not counting the group camping areas.  I didn't spend much time here like Falls Lake it is so large that it is hard to take it all in.  I think you really need a boat to do it justice and boats, kayaks, and canoes can be rented there.  So if you are going to spend a week this is a great place to do it. You would never get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

It's been a while since I slept on the ground!

  Good thing I checked, while the tent is fine the pole cords have rotted.  I can't seem to get the poles together since there is no mor...