Followers

Monday, July 17, 2023

Planning for the mountains!

Yes, planning is ongoing!  The next trip will be to the Northwest corner of NC.  That would be the following:  Stone Mountain, New River, Mount Jefferson, Elk Knob, Grandfather Mountain and possibly Mount Mitchell.  That's a lot of state parks in one trip but I plan to do this over 3-4 days and one or two nights will be camping at the High Country Campground near Ferguson, NC.  

It's hot here in the flat lands of NC.  The days are in the 90's with high humidity so the mountains will be a treat with temperatures lower by 10 to 15 degrees.   I haven't picked the days that I leave since I am watching the weather for the afternoon thunderstorms.  If it is just rain I will go because that really doesn't bother me on the road.  If you ride a motorcycle, let's face it, you are going to get wet sometimes.

There has been a lot of flash floods around here with severe thunderstorms randomly striking.  I do love a good thunderstorm though.  I will be posting up as I hit the parks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

It's been a while since I slept on the ground!

  Good thing I checked, while the tent is fine the pole cords have rotted.  I can't seem to get the poles together since there is no mor...