Followers

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

The wallet is a bit lighter!

The new Dunlop Elite 4 tires are on the wing and my wallet is a bit lighter.  The 2 tires were around $750 and mounting was another $200.  Add to that new left front brake pads and we are over $1000.  At first blush the tire price is a shocker but when you consider that the Elite 4's should get from 15,000 - 20,000 miles it is not so bad.  That is if you don't take a screw or nail in the tire before you wear it out, like I did.  I am pretty fussy about my tires.  It's the only thing that keeps my ass off the pavement.  When I do a long trip I usually do it on new tires so I don't have to find replacement tires and get held up on price in some far off locality.  When you compare it to the BMW the tires on it usually last 7-8,000 miles and a pair is now around $500 plus mounting.  So now the Wing is ready for my trip next year.  In a couple of weeks I will be changing the oil & filter in both bikes.  I will flush the brakes in the BMW and next year the Wing will be due for the brake flush.

I don't feel so bad now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

The wallet is a bit lighter!

The new Dunlop Elite 4 tires are on the wing and my wallet is a bit lighter.  The 2 tires were around $750 and mounting was another $200.  A...