Followers

Monday, August 24, 2015

Labrador City and on to points south....Mavic-Cinq tomorrow night!

It was a beautiful day and an easy day of 3 1/2 hrs on the road.  The back is feeling better so the idea of taking it easy for a day was a good one.

A lot of just road today with a little construction.  Tomorrow I am not sure what I am going into so I will stop at the Quebec visitors center on the border 14 miles away.  I know that I have maybe 100 miles of gravel/dirt/potholes to get to Mavic 5, the largest Hydro Dam in the world and the motel that is there in the woods and of course gas.  Today I actually got Shell Premium for the first time in 10 days.  The bike breathed a sigh of relief!  It has behaved nicely on regular with the octane booster that they sell so I have no complaints.  A good nights sleep and should be ready for the 235 miles through this rugged portion of Quebec then it is pavement all the way home.  This is the turn south and I feel like I am homeward bound!  In 14 miles I will turn the clock back 1 hour to Eastern Daylight Savings time and continue on south.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

The Route has been set for my trip to cross the NC Vehicle Ferries!

I'll be taking the 2017 BMW R1200gsa and will be looking good weather to begin this trip! Well, it took some work to plan for the 7 car ...