Followers

Friday, September 4, 2015

The road home on September 1, 2015

I decided that to do the 550 miles I had better get some of it done in the cool of the morning.  I ate at 6:00 am at the Hampton Inn and packed up, excited to get home and sleep in my own bed.  I was on the bike at 7:00 and it was around 64 degrees, a very nice temperature for riding.  It was a very pretty ride through the Ohio countryside and West Virginia is always interesting.  You see a lot of warning signs of 5% slope roads for trucks to slow down.  Seems overly safe since in Canada you would see 12% slopes and when you went up them you always wondered what the other side would look like.  But the trip was uneventful.  As I rode down the mountains of West Virginia into the mountains of Virginia the temperature rose steadily from mid-80's to the mid-90's and the heat is always a problem.  I stopped frequently for water and gatorade arriving home at 6:00 pm.

Oswald and I are home safe and sound after 5 weeks on the road and seeing amazing countryside and meeting wonderful people.  Now if I can just figure out how to post the movies that I took from the bike on the trip.  That will come in a few days hopefully.

Now where is that rocking chair where we old folks are supposed to be sitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

The Route has been set for my trip to cross the NC Vehicle Ferries!

I'll be taking the 2017 BMW R1200gsa and will be looking good weather to begin this trip! Well, it took some work to plan for the 7 car ...