Followers

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Trip aborted!


So I thought I would take a ride today and catch 2 more State Parks,  I checked the tire pressure and headed to the gas station.  This would be an easy 1/2 tank trip, about 180 miles.  It was not to be!  The gas cap was stuck again.  So I was a mile from home so I decided to go home and take it apart and see what the problem was then fix it.  It was pretty clear once the cap was disassembled.  There was a sticky white goop on the latching mechanism (that's the silvery metal piece at the top of the fill hole).  I cleaned it with WD40 and dried it off.  I used a light mist of penetrating oil and again removed the excess.  It seemed to work smoothly now so I was off to the gas station again.  The cap gave a clear click when actuated at the pump and opened.  It was noon now.

I had lunch then decided to gas up the Suzuki DR650 so when I go it’s just a matter of which bike to pick.  It was in the high 80’s now so I will wait for another cooler day.  Hopefully the problem has been fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

It's been a while since I slept on the ground!

  Good thing I checked, while the tent is fine the pole cords have rotted.  I can't seem to get the poles together since there is no mor...