Followers

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

NC State Parks - Cliffs of the Neuse

Cliffs of the Neuse State Park

https://www.ncparks.gov/state-parks/cliffs-neuse-state-park

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cliffs-of-the-Neuse-State-Park/107544112602229

 It's the tail end of the trip with one more Park to visit.  The weather has been great with rain all night last night but it was clear and dry when I left the Day's Inn.  I spend quite a bit of time at Fort Macon and was taking a leisurely ride home.  It took about 2 hours from the coast just off of RT. 70 to get to the Cliffs of the Neuse State Park.  The joy of traveling to the parks on weekdays is that there is no one there.


I guess I didn't believe that there were really cliffs in this part of the state but sure enough the park has a beautiful overlook and picnic area right on the edge of the cliff.  From up here there was a great view of the river as it winds its way toward the Cape Fear River.

There is an abundance of camping space with facilities.  The trails also lead down to the banks for the river.  Makes me want to bring a fishing rod with me next time.


It has been a busy 3 days but I have enjoyed all of it.  576 miles and lots to see.  At all the stops the people went out of their way to be helpful.  They always asked how long I could stay and then would show me on the maps what areas were the best places to see.


The NE corner is the next trip then I go west!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

It's been a while since I slept on the ground!

  Good thing I checked, while the tent is fine the pole cords have rotted.  I can't seem to get the poles together since there is no mor...