Followers

Thursday, May 18, 2023

NC State Parks - Weymouth Woods Sandhills Nature Preserve

Weymouth Woods Sandhills Nature Preserve (I found it!)





I had to backtrack. When I went through Southern Pines 3 weeks ago there was a festival that kept me from getting to this state park. It is known for its Long Leaf Pine Forest and the red-cockaded woodpecker. The forest is beautiful and the woodpeckers were very active since it was nesting season. I watched as they have destroyed a tree next to the visitors center. It was a wonderful day in the low 70's and the roads were quiet. Scott McGahey had recommended the Midway Grill in Carthage so I gave it a try. Good BBQ that comes from Chirpy's in Bennett, just up the road. Don't order the french fries, but if the PIG is packed this is a good second choice. Scott has since reminded me that he told me to order the shrimp. The ride home was all the back roads that I love to travel. A great day with 142 miles. Perfect weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

The wallet is a bit lighter!

The new Dunlop Elite 4 tires are on the wing and my wallet is a bit lighter.  The 2 tires were around $750 and mounting was another $200.  A...