Followers

Saturday, June 23, 2018

June 22, 2018 - Ride back to Denver

I got up at my usual time of 5:30 and started the packing process.  Had to lug the gear a ways to get to the bike but I checked the tire pressure and all was good.  Pattie and I decided that a good breakfast was needed so we got a recommendation for Freshies just a mile from us and it was super!  I had the homemade granola and Pattie had the Quinoa cake with butternut squash and 2 eggs.  She loved it and I loved the granola but chewing granola makes my jaw hurt!  We assessed the weather and since it was 54 degrees and we were going down to a town at 80 degrees so we stayed light for the ride.  Our first mistake on weather.  We had to climb 2 passes to get to Denver and one was 11,500 ft with the temperature staying near 54 degrees.  It maybe rose to 60 in the dips but that was it.  We stopped in Silverthorne on Rt. 40 where we connected to I-70 and had to warm up.  This called for a clothing adjustment.  We zipped up all the air vents and proceeded to climb Loveland Pass.  Most of the traffic was out of Denver since it was Friday so other than dodging slow climbing tractor trailers it was a smooth ride into Denver.  3 1/2 hrs on our last ride together on this trip.  Pattie would fly out on Monday and we would visit with our son and daughter-in-law for the weekend.
No pictures today and I will be back on the road to Dallas on Monday after seeing Pattie off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

The Route has been set for my trip to cross the NC Vehicle Ferries!

I'll be taking the 2017 BMW R1200gsa and will be looking good weather to begin this trip! Well, it took some work to plan for the 7 car ...