Followers

Thursday, June 5, 2025

Dallas

 I left Shreveport at 7 am and what a nice ride into Dallas.  77 degrees and overcast all the way, a joy to ride this stretch.  The road into Dallas was what you would expect, crazy.  I arrived at Denny & Kay Kay’s at 11:15.  We went to the old Lee H Edwards High School in Asheville together and Denny and I went to UNC.  These two I would have recognized anywhere, they look like they did when we were much younger.  What a wonderful pair, I love seeing them.  We had lunch and spent 3+ hours reliving our past experiences.  I wish I could have stayed longer but I had many miles to go.

I left around 2:45 heading to Wichita Falls and arrived at 5:15.  I found a new Best Western with a Mexican restaurant next to it.  Also what a bargain $63 with tax.  Settling in for a good night.  Hopefully tomorrow I will get to New Mexico and will be able to post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

A difficult year in many ways!

Let's see, it all started with an unusually cold and persistent winter.  No, there was no Indian Summer as we tend to have in January.  ...