Followers

Friday, June 13, 2025

The reason for the trip to San Diego!

 I arrived at the Deering Banjo Factory at 10 am and was greeted by the receptionist, Jamie Ward.  She was vey knowledgeable and let me handle and pick a number of banjos.  I was stunned by the range of weight from 5-6 lbs to 12-14 lbs.  The tone of the more expensive banjos is very clearly better than the lighter, cheaper banjos.  She tried me out and listened to me describe what I wanted to play.  She narrowed it down to the Deering Artisan and it was beautiful.  Not the most expensive or cheapest.






I stayed 2 hours and could have stayed longer.  I have to say, the building did have a sign saying there were factory tours….no there weren’t.  No lessons either but they had a list of teachers in the area.  Tomorrow packing, laundry, and then off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

A difficult year in many ways!

Let's see, it all started with an unusually cold and persistent winter.  No, there was no Indian Summer as we tend to have in January.  ...