Followers

Tuesday, June 3, 2025

Atlanta - Meridian, MS

 Tom & Lucy are great hosts.  With a great breakfast I was off to find I20 heading west.  But first I had to live through 7 miles of I85 right through the middle of Atlanta.  These people are crazy.  I waited until 9:30 to get past rush hour but it was still crazy.  No body stays in there lane and they hop all around.  I did have a sigh of relief when I got to I20.  Just before entering Alabama I was run off the road by a box truck that came over into my passing lane without looking.  It had me up against the Jersey barrier and I was on the rumble strip blocked out of the passing lane.  This is all at 75 mph.  After laying on the horn he finally realized that I was there.  The temperature was up around 86 and the rest of the ride into Birmingham was smooth.

I found my brother’s house and spent 3 hours with him.  This was a wellness check since he has been very sick the past 6 months.  We went to lunch at Zaxby’s around the corner and I left around 1:30 and temperatures were in the low 90’s.  It’s the part of a trip that I don’t like…heat!  No great happenings and found a hotel in Meridian, MS.  Around 370 miles today more miles ahead.  Tomorrow I will ride smart and rise at 5 am departing by 6.  It will probably be hotter heading into Shreveport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment

A difficult year in many ways!

Let's see, it all started with an unusually cold and persistent winter.  No, there was no Indian Summer as we tend to have in January.  ...